02-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #266
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
I haven't read all the posts in this thread but, let me get this straight. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of people on wait lists for an M2. BMW takes precious production slots and builds a special edition instead of fulfilling existing orders? Seems this was a run of 150 "spec" cars with no buyers lined up to purchase. Doesn't make sense to me unless BMW was trying to get rid of excess MPE (and other parts) inventory.

Yes that is correct.. BMW has put together this model instead of 150 base M2.

It only needs to matter to 150 people so I doubt they are worried about buyers being lined up . . Dealers have been foisting M performance parts loaded cars onto customers all along anyway.

I would imagine that the M performance suspension is the item that sells the least out of the M performance catalog. The upgraded suspension is the biggest single change to the car in this package so... i certainly agree that this is a way to either ..

1-move some M performance parts and reduce costs per part by making a larger production run or selling off inventory

2- increase awareness of M Performance parts in the marketplace and among fans/enthusiasts by getting more cars on the street

3- increase profitability on a sale ( for the dealer ) as the M2 is a low margin vehicle in stock form.
Appreciate 2
jdarwin601.50
StephGOD218.50