Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...t-drive/page-2

"On the road, perhaps not as charming

As charming as the M2 is out on the track, this is not a car that tries to charm everyone. Its ride can feel jittery on mottled surfaces—even though it seems to take some of the hardest impacts from the pavement in stride. And road noise is an everpresent whoosh on smooth highways, more of a boom as the surfaces are coarser.

Out on some surrounding two-laners, we put another 50 or so miles on a manual-gearbox M2. It has great clutch coordination and a linkage that reminds us of past M3 models, yet it’s a bit bittersweet, as it’s not entirely the right pick for control freaks. You can’t turn off the rev-matching feature if you don’t want to turn off stability control as well; and while it would get the revs right the majority of the time, we encountered some clumsy shifts on the road when both pointing sharply uphill and downhill.

We’re not by any means going to call the M2 luxurious. You do get a great set of standard features—with handy daily driver items like heated seats, navigation, and adaptive cruise control, and even including collision warning, pedestrian warning with city braking, and lane departure warning. Inside, you’ll find special M surfaces, and M logos for the gauge cluster, shift lever, door sills, and steering wheel. And the seats, of course, are great—not just strong in side support for the track, but pleasant on the back over those pockmarked two-lane highways."

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...t-drive/page-2
Very similar to the 1M. I love it.
Exactly.

As a matter of fact , my X1 M sport with 19" run flats is the same.

@G8rGrl

Direct translation:

This ain't no Lexus or Mercedes. It's a sports car. If you want a ride that soaks up every bump and covers every sound then that's where you should look.

The 1M and M2 provide a luxury ride on properly paved roads. If you live in Washington, D.C. Or drive on bad roads in Michigan , or your commute is on cobblerstone roads , then perhaps an M235 or the GT LIKE ride of an M3/ M4 is what you want.
I don't know what I want at this point. I have owned all kinds of suspensions from firm to smooth. I just can't decide what I want next. I'm only getting one!

This tells you how I can't decide: E46 M3, for me, is fine. I like everything about it, no problem with the suspension. But I want a new car. I drove the M4 on the road AND on the track and I don't like the M4. At all. I drove the Camaro 2SS and I like it. Suspension was fine to me, other people think it's too rough. I drove the M235i and I liked it better than the M4. That might make some people's head explode. The sticker on the M4 was $84K. Seeing as I didn't like the M4 at all, it makes sense that I prefer the M235i since I actually liked it.
Appreciate 1