View Single Post
      05-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #63
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobat View Post
Long time ago i owned a Porsche 930 Turbo.
A real beast of the time. It was a "real car";
- No power steering
- No ABS
- No Traction control
- No anti slip and slide systems
- 4 gear MT
- Extreme turbo lag
Was it fast, yes. The average driver could go fast straight ahead, an expert where required to drive it fast on a track.
Was it fun? Yes, at the time. You could drive it hours really hard and still it was imperturbable.
Would I want one today? Maybe, for sunny Sundays once in a while. But it would be as a nostalgic trip. It is an icon. And it still is pretty fast.
But otherwise it is hopelessly outdated.
And all those "features" it had, including the 4 gear MT, I don't miss them at all.
I get your point
Any M2 is equipped with servoed brakes + ABS, electronic nannies, traction control,(E)power steering, throttle blip(6MT too).

A DCT is superfast in any way also(especially) on B roads, the surge forward when going from 2nd/3rd/4rth in a long sweeping bend with such a car capable of higher Gs is surreal, no MT does it like that.
You can use the paddles or the stick and it goes like a maniac. Instantly. But many still prefer the 3rd pedal and rowing on their own.(and keeping the nannies on all the time )
I understand that feeling I really do.

The M2 is not an oldskool car.
It pretends to be one but it's not.

Think about it.

I'm heading for Papenburg Germany this sunday for another track/highspeed drift day (my 3rd one with this car) in my subpar, automatic, DCT equipped M2...with all TC/nannies turned off. Just me and the lsd. No real purist 6MT with throttle blip and TC etc on.

I know I know It's more a car for disabled people I'm sure.
But I just have to live with it. Sorry 6MT drivers

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
bollinm25.00