Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BSM M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
The M2 got on my nerves over the weekend. The suspension, the space, the lack of a 3rd seat in back...

So I just drove a M3.

Uh... wow...
First off, the thing I hate the MOST about the M2 - the Rev match seems to be much less intrusive and you can turn it off by putting the throttle into sport plus - I also loved that I can/could individually adjust suspension, steering and throttle.

The suspension was also much more compliant and I loved the steering in sport plus (like BMWs of old).

And the sound - ok, the sound, first off, just like the M2, it is fake, but damn, I think I might have preferred it? A low rumble that does not exist in the M2.

And yes, the space, trunk so much bigger, and yes, 4 doors and a rear seat that you can get in and out of.

Ugh... I wish I had not driven that thing.

I drove the M2/M3/M4 at the one day M-school. I also loved the M3 (was already an M2 owner). The M3 I drove had the competition package. I liked the power and felt the handling was just as good as the M2. I still prefer the sound in the M2, but had no problem with the M3 sound. I had a 335i prior to my M2, and wanted something smaller and sportier, so the M2 was a great option. M4 was just too big, and didn't want another 4 door car. Initially, I kept both, but eventually sold the 335i because I felt bad having two manual BMWs, neither of which my wife could drive. Also, I have 2 small kids in car seats, so needed something a little bigger. I got a subaru forester for my daily commute and enjoy the M2 on weekends and occasionally on the track. Now that I daily a forester, I have even more appreciation for the M2. I am blown away every time I drive it. It's miles ahead of the 335i I had. The value of the M2 is hard to beat. Even after the M-school experience, I don't think I could justify another 30k (at least) for a competition M3 over the M2. When I'm ready to spend close to 100k, I'll be getting a 911. We all get so spoiled driving BMWs. I can't understand people hating on the M2... drive an underpowered SUV with a CVT daily and then tell me how the M2 has a crappy interior and isn't a real M car. The M2 is amazing and I'm keeping this thing forever.
Appreciate 7