desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
P.S. You can't turn the rev-match off in any M2 mode?? I'm already annoyed that rev-matching is not independent of any other modes on the M3/4 (e.g., it doesn't have its own switch), but to not be able to have a mode where it is off is nuts!

P.P.S. I see you have a 1M, among my favorite cars that I have driven extensively. Unless you bought the M2 to keep miles off the 1M (which I would understand), the M3 may better complement your stable.
Can only shut off the Rev Match by disabling everything. I was so pleasantly surprised that it is so much easier in the M3 and you don't have to risk your life. That said, the Rev match seems to be much less intrusive in the M3, even in comfort.

And yes, people see both the 1M and M2 and say "why do you have two of the same cars?". The fact is, I'm afraid to drive the 1M and I'm afraid to sell it. It is like a black widow - I just stay away from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
LOL. Since i know you have a mint low mileage 1M in the garage ... I can relate.

The M2 is a great car but not as special as the 1M. The M4 is cool, but is a really HUGE coupe. The M3 has 4 doors which makes it a million times more practical than a 1M or an M2 , of which you have both!

Next , you feel the M2 will begin to tank in value possibly so making a jump at the time when values are softening makes perfect sense also.

However, as a 17 year former owner of an E30 M3, and a current 6-7 year 1M owner , I relate the current engine change to the 98-99 vs the 01-02 M roadster and coupe. Sure the S52 was the motor to have , but they are all holding their values quite well. That's because the M roadster was a unique car that people are rabid about. The same is true of the M2 regardless of what motor.

There are just 5-7 thousand M2 in the US .. at a time when BMW seems near the end of the making sports cars .. and in truth the entire 2 series lineup is awesome. I'm sorry but I think in 15 years these cars will be sought for more than the E46 is right now. An F88 M2 sedan would have kicked ass but i digress.

Keep the 1M. Sell the M2. But Drive if through the winter ( unless you have another potential daily ). Go for the M3. The practicality is awesome, and you get more utility from not having two coupes. Mineral white is awesome but I would get Tanzanite, it's a seriously proper blue. Also Do European delivery, because on the plus side you will have to trade the M2 in sooner, and you can take a helluva vacation in the spring.
I think that is my concern. Today, I think I can get $50K for the M2, in April when my Tanzanite M3 is produced and delivered... it might be $40K. Is getting the car I want (which is already $80K) worth another $10K? Can't decide - however, you and @kevinM have helped me figure out the core issue I have - and that is, I own two 2-door cars. #dumbass. But then again, I didn't even look at the M3 since they were not available last year at this time.
Are you planning to get comp pack M3?
Appreciate 0