View Single Post
      08-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #19
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcon View Post
Guess I am in the minority but I am extremely happy with the Dinan suspension setup. Wouldn't call it a "coilover" in the sense that I think of it but the overall daily ride is much improved. I don't use the M2 as a track car so I can't speak to that but it did feel much more stable on a late night run over Ortega Highway a few nights back. Like some have reported I can personally attest that it does indeed give a much more comfortable ride in daily driving conditions.

I had originally planned to go the Ohlins route as I use them on almost every street bike I have but decided to try Dinan as a "one size fits all" type of application. Not that its hard but I like not having to readjust settings depending on driving conditions. Not knocking Ohlins, KW, or the MP offerings as Im sure in a pure track setting they would leave me behind. But for the price and what I was looking to accomplish the Dinan setup has worked out perfectly
Agreed. The Dinan suspension improved the ride around town, allowed me to corner balance the car, and significantly reduced dive, squat, and roll on the track.

The best part is I focus on myself, driving inputs, and being smooth vs spending time thinking about/adjusting suspension. This setup had me running 2:13s at Watkins Glen on RE-71Rs.

Adjustable suspension wouldn't gain you any more time over something like the Dinan setup unless you're a seasoned driver who can fully exploit the limits of the car, knows the track well enough to determine which corners you can pick up time in (while compromising other corners), and you're making adjustments as track conditions change. Even if you fall into this camp (most of us don't), there are other areas where much more time can be had.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by ZM2; 08-06-2017 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 4
Transcon158.00
omasou2088.00
rich8566608.50
ewohar21.50