09-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #128
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I think the best way to guess the delivery timescale is to look at the shipping schedules to Port Hueneme after your scheduled completion date.

My estimated completion date is 09/13, and the following boats are scheduled to leave after that:

15-Sep --- 12-Oct --- Morning Courier --- WWL
20-Sep --- 22-Oct --- Marguerite Ace --- MOL
21-Sep --- 17-Oct --- Equuleus Leader --- NYK
26-Sep --- 22-Oct --- Don Carlos --- WWL
28-Sep --- 26-Oct --- Clover Ace --- MOL
29-Sep --- 26-Oct --- Tortugas --- WWL

BMW apparently prefers to use WWL, and it's unlikely I'd make the Morning Courier, so the safer bet would be the Don Carlos, leaving 09/26, and arriving in CA on 10/22. I don't have any port installed options, and my dealer (yours too @just blaze) is the second closest dealership to the port. I'd estimate 3 days from there, which would have me taking delivery on the week of 10/23 ~ 10/27.

If I make the Morning Courier, or the MOL or NYK ships following that, it should be even earlier.

My CA predicted the week of 10/16 ~ 10/20 when I placed my order, though obviously didn't guarantee that. He might end up being correct though!
My car started production today, with an estimated complete date of 9/18. Do you think there's a good chance I'll make the Don Carlos?