View Single Post
      03-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #134
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow The 1M was powered by a non-S engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
S55 is OK. S48 is even better IMO. But N55? Never. Not ///M worthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa View Post
This is bitter sweet news... It's great that BMW has decided to go with a 6 as oppose to a 4, but an N55? I mean how many generations of cars are they going to try and get out of the N55. Sure, it's probably upgraded a little, but c'mon, let's get a new 6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post
It's not about the N55 being cheap. It's about M division's history of putting M division motors in M cars. For example, the S55 has a different block than the N55.

The OP said Upgraded. Hopefully that means, S and not N. Nothing against N motors, but S motors belong in M cars.

^^You guys do realize that the 1M was powered by a standard N54 production engine. Not a "special" S motor made by hand from ///M. Ok, I made up that made by hand crap. but you know what I am saying...

IF it worked the first time around(in the 1M) there is no reason to think ///M can't hit one outta the park - again!

While the M235i is powered by the N55 engine... my "sources" tell me it feels faster than the 1M(does) in straight line speed acell. And in the turns the M235i feels pretty darn good(from what I am told)due to the PSS's and stiffer chassis. I am hoping to test a M235i soon(BMW are you listening?).

I think once ///M puts a proper suspension on the 2er, the car will be a very nice canyon carver.

Also... the current N55's pull really well at high rpms. Even with the ZF 8AT(with the sport pack), its a GREAT package/combo! I don't know what BMW has changed but somethings different on the current N55's that I have driven.

And don't forget when the M2 finally does hit the streets, the M235i will go away. The M235i is only here to fill the void until the M2 is ready to come to the market.

Dackel
Appreciate 0