08-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #76
TXSurfer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
Here's a bit of an update and a look at my feelings about ID6.

Since upgrading to ID6 lite around a week ago, I've noticed a couple of intermittent errors. They come and go and don't happen all the time.

The weather app seems to disappear occasionally, leaving an empty globe logo on the Connected Drive tile. It reappears a few hours later.

The second is a little more annoying - a few times I've started the car, the screen shows the "home" screen, then a few seconds later it changes itself to the connected drive settings screen. A quick press of the menu button takes it home again, it doesn't happen every time, but is a little annoying. Not sure if its because it's an un-updated version of ID6.

I'm hoping to get a full software update carried out by local coder DDCoding in a few weeks. Hopefully I will see a slight improvement.

Overall, I'm not fully taken by ID6. Touch screen may make more sense, but I wouldn't use that anyway as I can't stand fingerprints all over the screen, it would drive my OCD levels over the edge.
I've noticed it's a little counter-intuitive. There appears to be (with some features) more ways to access the same thing, then in other ways there are less obvious paths to choose, so I find myself pausing to think about where to go. Not ideal when driving.
I do like the live tiles, the nav tile especially, that follows the road as you drive along, while showing the current track you're playing via media.

All in all, I think ID6 isn't a major step up from ID5 - it's more of an adaptation for touch screen, which, as I said I think a lot of owners will be like me and don't want to touch the screen.
Update I did at dealer fixed your issue minus connected drive issues but I think that's a BMW server issue because when I coded back to id5 weather still wouldn't show.