View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #29
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanen View Post
I researched the Ohlins spring rates on M2 and M3-4 threads and ran it by a few professionals including Jake at Ohlins and came up with ordering them with a lower spring rate up front (80Nmm vs standard M2 setup if 90Nmm) and in the back I swapped the standard 190Nmm for Eibach which was approx 160Nmm.

The result is an adjustable system... in a few minutes I can go from street at 20 clicks it is slightly softer than stock (just a little softer, but more supple and none of the bounce which existed in the stock system) at 10 clicks it is ready for the canyon driving I bought the car for...quicker response, level and firmly planted....and at 3 clicks it is crazy firm, ready for the track which I will finally test out in March...my next post will be following a day at Thunderhill.
PS If you want to get close to the M240 stiffness I suspect you would need to go with 70Nmm in the front and 140Nmm in the rear.
I bought the Ohlins R&T, but they haven't been installed yet...just so i have this straight...the lower the spring rate the "softer" the ride? Do I have this right? I suppose since I simply order the R&T kit for the F87, I will end up with the 90/190Nmm rates??

So does this mean I have to increase the number of "clicks" (i.e. more than 20) to get a similar feeling as you with the lower spring rates?

Also, I f I have 255/35/19 in the front and 285/30/19 in the rear do I need camber plates with the Ohlins??

Apologies for the noob-ish questions, but this is my first set of coil overs, in past I have just gone with a set of H&R springs to get the drop. Appreciate the assist.
Appreciate 0