01-24-2017, 04:51 PM   #23
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
The instrumented test is the most difficult thing you will want to do to measure performance delta unless in a perfectly controlled environment. There are many variables to lead you to wrong conclusion.

And I honestly do not think comparison test you made to TTRS make much senses even if it's properly performed. Reason is simple: different gear ratio plays too big part in 40-60 short pull. You'd be much better do a 60-120 start from highest gear. And one of my M2 buddy already did just that on JB4 map 1 (+4psi, Dinan Sport Tuner equivalence) and map 2 with his otherwise stock car. The result is 9.5 sec on map 1 and an astonishing 8.8~9.0 on map 2. Ambient temperature being 10 degree Celsius or 50 F. Fortunately, he was early enough to realize map 2 is the suicidal map for stock car.

The best thing to measure improvement for OP right now, is simply to re-dyno his car on and off, with everything correctly set.
I hear you and agree in part. However, it's more about an indication of performance not actual. If the times are faster in tune than stock then it's an improvement,how much, well that's why I use the benchmark vbox numbers of the Audi ttrs vs M2 same gear same pull.. Hell if I get close or better then great I know I must have something that is working.
Appreciate 0