View Single Post
      03-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #6
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

This is somewhat my territory since I into phones and use both Android and IOS. I have both the Iphone X and Galaxy S9.

The only reason I got the S9 instead of the S9+ is because it fits in the BMW charging cradle like the Iphone X does.

The advantage of the Iphone is you can get it with a lot of onboard storage, up to 256GB. The battery standby time last longer from my experience. The disadvantage is being a primarily Android user, you will have to learn a new system. Having said that, IOS is a little more simpler to get familiar with than Android from what I've seen.

The S9+ will have a bigger battery than the Iphone X and S9 so you should be good there. It also has the extra camera sensor with dual aperture. I believe it only comes in 64Gb of storage, but you can add a SD card up to 256GB.

I'd probably recommend the S9+ since you have no interest in Apple and are familiar with Android. I also agree with Akkano that the Pixel XL is the top choice. It's my primary phone and I use it in my M2. I just wish BMW had made the cradle big enough for larger phones. It wouldn't take a lot, because my Pixel XL almost fits in it.

On a side note, I wish car manufacturers made things more with the consumer in mind, instead of trying to dictate what's right for them. My examples are, not having the wireless charging cradle expand enough for bigger phones, and not offering the moonroof on launch in the U.S. (although that was more of BMW U.S. deal).
Appreciate 1