View Single Post
      10-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #55
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
There are more comments here than I expected. Thank you all for your thoughts and feedback!

Here is some additional information (if you care) regarding my perspective. I am not interested in spinning my wheels around town (and I know what popping the clutch does) - I just expected to have to manage the power while accelerating and was surprised to find out that I don't have to manage it in a straight line in its current form (just a Fabspeed cat is installed so far). I am assuming that I will have to manage the throttle around the corners (track or otherwise) because I can tell that the tires are close to giving way (this is all in Sport+ - i.e., no traction control) and I do get a flash of the traction control light on the dash very briefly once in a while indicating that the tires are close to giving away.

I have never had a RWD sports car, so never knew what it would take to spin the wheels - apparently it takes more than this M2 has. I have to manage the throttle in my AWD Eclipse or it will drift in a corner (in a straight line I just have to manage the steering wheel), but that's a lighter car and significantly more horsepower.

I appreciate those who have suggested that the power band is more linear - something that I don't have in the Eclipse - and that is likely impacting my disappointment in power. The kick in the pants when the turbo hits in the Eclipse is like nothing else I have been in and the M2 doesn't have that, but the area under the torque and hp curve is much more broad, so it's just different/new to me.

Regardless of all that, I am not disappointed in any other aspect of this car - it's incredible in all sorts of ways and am looking forward to hitting the track with it next season to learn more about what I love. (I installed Brembo brakes on my Eclipse and thought that there could be nothing better...I was wrong!). I also appreciate those who have suggested possible upgrades for improvements. I am looking into the Dinan stuff now.

Thanks again everyone!
Appreciate 0