07-20-2017, 01:51 AM   #10
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure ... the first BMW dealer (BMW Melbourne) made a big deal about being entitled to corporate pricing. Maybe it helps the dealer with the pricing assistance they can get from BMW Corporate..?

I didn't care what the means by which I minimised the price was ... but the savings on the service charges (I negotiated it to be 5 years) are likely to be substantial. I get my X6 serviced by SouthernBM, and the guys there told me that an M3 was around $5k per annum to maintain *properly*.

An M2 isn't going to be massively different. So even if you call BS on the $5k (and let's say its only $2k for the M2), its still a $10k saving over 5 years.

Worth having, right..?

We purchased an MY18 LCI DCT with heated seats & lumbar support (both of these are optional in the LCI, along with the alarm in MY18). When the dealer we bought from priced the car up, the on-road cost of it was $116k. I know that's just RRP + taxes & rego, but this was the starting point for negotiation. Is your price for the M2 Pure..?

I also asked about Demo cars: I was happy to take a demo car, but I wasn't prepared to pay any $'s for a sunroof (I have them in both my cars, and don't use them at all). Both the dealers only had cars with sunroof's and neither was going to provide much discount. Maybe if I bought something that was sitting in storage, but that meant a sunroof and extra $'s.

How's your car search going...?
My corporate leasing company managed just under $100K for BMS DCT and Sunroof. Corporate price (Being a global company that supplies to BMW) was $3K more and that was through a contact (Super car driver) who does BMW drive days
Appreciate 0