12-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #6
Yiruna
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, C63s, 718 Cayman GT4

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
My dad owns a 911 which I occasionally "borrow", mostly because we live in the same city and he doesn't use it, so this isn't really coming from an owners perspective, though, I am listed as a driver, so I suppose I am an owner? Idk

Anyways, yeah, I honestly don't feel like I am missing much by deciding to go with the M2. Sure it's not as capable, but if we're going by a scale, we're probably 9/10ths of the way there. If I wish I could get something that I was missing, it'd a BMW version of Sports Chrono. (Why don't more manufacturers do this, add an option that raises the performance level)

To me, what I love about the M2 is that it's just bare bones. And while the 911 is very capable, the option box was ticked out so it'd have every possible advantage and I think that, while yeah, it's fun, it's kind of boring to always "win".

Win in the sense that, I don't feel like I am the deciding factor between me and the rest of the others on a race track. You can't argue that, if all things equal, a 911 won't NOT be the one to come out on top of the lap times for a track day.
Appreciate 0