04-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #579
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsaville View Post
Hi All,

Fitted my honeycomb reflectors today, left the wheels on and just jacked up the car. One side at a time. I added the tiny foam pads as provided in the package.

My tool of choice for squeezing the tabs on the reflectors was, water pump pliers -

Okay, they crush the tabs a bit too much but what the hell I don't have time to spend hours jiggling them out (I have no wish to mark the bumper by trying to prize them from the outside either), with my method they simply fall out within a minute or so.

The only tricky bit I found was re-seating the bumper after the trims were fitted. I quickly noticed the edge of the bumper with the perforated indents had bent in at the corners just below the light because of this its hard to get the bumper started with the main body work again. The area I'm talking about is circled in red in this photo:

What I needed to do was pull the bumper out a little further, then bent the area circled in red with my fingers outwards so it could clip into the perforated slot easier (This is very difficult to explain), but when your faced with struggling to get the bumper to re-clip into the slot this is what is required to resolve your issue.

I did the whole job in about 1.5 hours including the all the jacking, etc.

Very pleased with the outcome, the replacement rear reflector kit is simply brilliant and totally worth the purchase price.

MJ
Thank you! Glad that you like them
Appreciate 0