04-18-2024, 08:14 PM   #43
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Honestly cutting/removing the metal ring was pretty quick & simple, cutting the flange especially the part inside the hose would be more difficult.

The ECS flange uses the oem o-ring (according to their website), if you already have the Rein installed why not simply check the o-ring (or even replace with an oem) at each coolant flush?

The oem hose(s) do seem to be long lasting, at least we can inspect in situ & replace when the rubber starts to deteriorate though from most videos it seems to be the various plastic connections that fail first.
Yeah cutting the ring would have been way easier, but I didn't do it that way unfortunately.

So here are the reasons why I made the switch:

1) My OEM hose is garbage, so I don't want to buy another OEM hose and have to make the cut when I could just upgrade and have a pnp solution. Especially if I make the cut and slip and nick the hose, then its another trash hose.

2) it's cheaper to just buy the hose and the fitting together.

3) For anyone who is starting from scratch, then you would have to buy an o-ring for the rein fitting just to be safe. Because recently I've heard issues with Rein and their o-rings causing leaks from factory. At that point it's probably just better to go with the entire unit from ECS.

4) I think the flange design is better on the ecs fitting. It grips the hose better.