View Single Post
      02-16-2023, 01:16 AM   #2599
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieno1 View Post
Just got a 2018 M2 LCI. The fact you have to continually turn the Auto engine stop/start off every time you start the ignition and the car doesn't remember your preference drives me crazy.

I've seen a video where someone used the Bimmer Code app to code it to always be off and for the car to remember this preference. It looks easy enough to do but can somone tell me if there is anything more to it? Anything I should be aware of? The last thing I want to do is brick my new car or mess up the system programming.

Also - can anyone recommend which adaptor to use? It seems there are quite a lot of different ones to choose from.
Yep, EU/UK cars have to default to stop/start ON. US cars get to choose! I've had several S/S vehicles and they all do it. In the same way it has to start in "efficient" mode. In EU a vehicle must always start in its most efficient modes without any user intervention...

Easy to set on bimmercode to either default OFF or remember last setting. If you keep Bimmercode in normal mode (not expertmode) then it's all laid out clearly and you won't do any harm.

Just be aware when coding modules they are reset afterwards so you lose settings in that module, i.e all your radio presets, the clock, shortcut buttons, M buttons presets etc. So just be prepared for that depending on which module the setting you changed is in.

Go on bimmercode website and get an adaptor they recomrnend id say is best way to be sure.

I bought this one 5 years ago but it seems to have doubled in price since then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...b_b_asin_title

If you Google "bmw f20 coding cheat sheet" you'll find lots of other 2 series F platform settings you can change (some applicable some not)

M2C is F87 but its built around basic 2 series F20 electronics platform

Last edited by doughboy; 02-16-2023 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 1