Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Would definitely like to see "everybody" going 80-84 and you cruising behind a state trooper at 84. Of course, video can be edited to make 2 minutes look like "all the time", when in reality, it's just a fraction of all the time and not indicative...still, would be impressive to see.
You've never driven in Dallas, TX. Next time I'm up there, I'll get my GF to take video while I'm driving us from Rowlett to Little Elm (that's a LONG drive through the DFW Metro area). We've got enough storage for 100 mins. of video between our two phones. I'll even do both routes for you (one going, one coming back) that can use 5 to 7 different freeways: The Bush Turnpike, The DNT, Stemmons Freeway (I-35E), LBJ Freeway (I-635), and the R.L. Thornton Freeway (I-30). If I choose to I can take two other freeways in variations of those routes to include the Sam Rayburn Tollway (TX 121) and Central Expressway (U.S. 75). You'll see proof of a 75 MPH average...and, if you know math at all, you'd know how fast you're going most of the time to AVERAGE that speed.
And to the original point, one cop on those roads will have everyone driving eight mph under the speed limit and acting like idiots. DFW drivers are so scared of popo.

I will say that when I lived in LA, the traffic flow past Bakersfield into Nevada going towards Vegas would frequently be over 100 mph and I cruised at over 115 for a long stretch a few times there. But admittingly never saw a cop.

I remember the first time I passed a police car on an unrestricted part of the Autobahn doing 250kph, I was pretty sure I was living a dream.
Appreciate 0