Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
SoCal M2 Canyon Carvers Meet

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com

We had our first SoCal M2 meet today! Throughout the day, we had 22 different owners come through, but only 16 made it to our final photo location. The day consisted of coffee, coffee, coffee, dyno runs, lunch, and ended w/ some canyon carving through beautiful Ortega Highway, and some pretty sweet back roads off the main highway. Since I planned this and had some coordination work to do, i didn't take that many pictures - so i'll let the rest of the group dump them in the thread.

Special thanks to Cars and Coffee, Corona and European Auto Source for hosting our morning meet ups and the dyno run. Also, a BIG thank you to the group for not cocking about and being SAFE the entire day. And finally, thank you to recycledAlva for making some really nifty t-shirts for the group

The morning started at Cars and Coffee at Saleen at 7AM. Our group started small, but grew to 9 by the time we left at 9.

After Cars and Coffee, we went to EAS where the Impressive Wrap M2 w/ FBO and JB4 got on the dyno. i think the numbers were around 370whp and 430wtq

Hung out at EAS while we waited for more LA folks to join us for our highway cruise down to Dana Point. There, we met up w/ the San Diego Chapter and had a pretty good, albeit slow, lunch. Regrouped at a gas station to fill up, where we had 17 M2's and an M5. It looks rather ridiculous having all the same cars fill up at the same time - but makes a really cool Thirsty Thursday pic, i guess.

Finally came the important part: the canyon runs!!!! Ortega Hwy is hit or miss and you have to get lucky, to not hit traffic on a Saturday. We hit traffic. But luckily i knew of some back roads, and it was open, freshly paved roads the whole way...until we hit a road block. According to the Park Ranger, they were repaving the rest of the roadway. So we turned around and came up the back route to our final group photo location.

Our day ended around 5:30PM and we covered well over 100 miles. overall the day was a success, and we'll probably do something big like this twice a year. I'll also be planning localized (LA/IE/SGV) meets/canyon runs more frequently. if our group gets big enough - possibly a private track day for our SoCal M2 Group

we should have more pics and video popping up in the thread from other attendees.

edit: here's a video of the first half of the meet

Last edited by UltraMagneticAL; 08-01-2017 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 13