View Single Post
      08-06-2023, 08:08 AM   #338
danvansan81
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2C ; MR2 MKII Turbo ; E36

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this was already covered.
But beside weight, and size difference (calipers, pads,rotors,piston amount) between the blue M2 Brake vs the silver sportbrakes I often read that there is no benefit in breaking power even tho the silver brake should have 30% more capacity to take on heat. One argument that is always read and tossed around is ABS slip and tire grip which are the leading forces you run into at the exact moment on blue and silver brakes. Where I am very unsure if that's true at all, at least on the big brakes you reach that point much earlier due to the higher friction on the 1st stage so to say - the disc vs the pad.
The big heat sink (in size) leads to the effect that it takes longer to cool down. (A/V relation).
Comparing this to water-intercoolers, I know that this can lead to misconceptions of measured real world data where you don't have a constant addition of heat transfer (boost) vs cool down periods. On water-intercoolers, it's proven that massive heat sinks outperform smaller cores in most scenarios, giving the extra reserve that always supplies with cooler charge air.
Having at least direct brake ducts to the front wheelarches might compensate the effect of bigger heatsinks a bit.
Anyway, what's your opinion, and were there topics covering this?
Appreciate 0