03-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #44
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I know and have known many people who like to buy the newest hot thing they see online or in the magazines as their second car and then a few months or a year later something else comes out and they trade for another. I have known one guy I chat with at cars and coffee is is on his 3rd car in 18 months. I think that has happened with some M2s, in some cases I am sure guys are planning to go with the S55 M2 and of course as mentioned above life happens so while many probably intended to keep their M2 long term circumstances resulted in a change. I don't think there is anything wrong with the M2, I love mine but I am sure there are some who got theirs and it wasn't quite the right fit. I have mine and I am keeping it so I don't care much how many are available on lots, it is still a quite rare car for a regular production model.
I can't judge buyers who have done this, because I've basically done it myself.The issue with me is I kept coming back to this forum and watching M2 videos. I would initially watch videos on the car I had, then slowly work my way back to the M2. My friend believes I will do the same thing in the next couple of years, but I know I won't this time.
Appreciate 0