04-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #82
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NACE M View Post
I went from a 2017 M3 ZCP to a 2020 STI. Always wanted a STI, and when they announced 2020 was the last year I decided to give it a go. S55 is a lot faster, but the STI is much easier to drive at the limit. It’s almost boring at the track, because the car is so safe. Understeers at the limit what instantly correct with lift off. Always traction coming out of corners. I do miss my BMW though. STI attracts the wrong crowds. Loud ricer tuned cars pull up next to you all the time with thumbs up, or wanting to race. I’m to old for that! Lol. So I’m probably going back to a M car soon. Debating if I should wait for the new M3/4, or get a good deal on a M2...

I know what you mean. I bought a '18 STi Limited and quickly realized I was too damn old for all the riff raff the car attracted. It was disappointing too because I wanted an STi for about 15 years and when I finally got it, I realized I waited too long to appreciate it.

I'm by all means not an expert driver but I can say the STi will be a lot more fun on the track with some suspension upgrades and an alignment. I did 3 track days in mine when it was 100% stock and also felt sort of bored with it. I then did RCE Bilsteins and yellows with a rear sway bar. That really woke up the car and got rid of most of the understeer.
Appreciate 0