Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedoor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
I have 19" blizzaks and my car was all over the road with barely any acceleration. Forget the 300 feet downhill- it was sliding with almost zero throttle. I had them on my z4 and 350z and it was never as sketchy as these. I'm going to sell the winter setup and go with something entirely different next winter. This was through fresh snow and ice later on.
Problem is most //M winter sets are based around performance snow tires. I found as soon as I focused on true snow and ice tire with a smaller rim that I got very good results. Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 snows which are amazing. (Hardest names to remember). Definitely softer ride and taller sidewalls are spongy but in New York roads are filled with gravel and sand as often as snow and ice...the is no performance driving until Spring. Also, I enjoy the sharp distinction of my summer tires when Spring comes. Nokian isn't sold through TireRack which is unfortunate because I'm a huge supporter of them.
I thought I was doing the same by getting blizzaks over the alpins. I'll definitely drop down to 18" and reconsider the tires going on it next winter.