View Single Post
      08-29-2022, 01:58 PM   #11
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I’ll add that it also depends on the type of rain you mostly get. The old RE-71R was a decent bit quicker than the 4S in light-med rain. And, the 71RS is even quicker than the 71R in the wet.

If you start to get rivers or large puddles, that’s when you want the 4S.

It doesn’t make any sense to keep PSS/4S on both sets of wheels. Run the PSS/4S on the street and track weekends that look like heavy rain. Run the 71RS for dry & light/med rain track weekends.

That’s the whole point in having two sets of wheels/tires!
I'd also echo this point. 255/35-19 f and 275/35-19 R can work on the OE wheels and would be a good option for the Michelin PS4S. For the wider set, I think a 200TW track-oriented compound would give you more enjoyment on dry days and depending on tire can work in light rain. Swapping sets based on a weather report might not be your cup of tea, but picking up a cheap jack and doing just that makes more sense than owning 2 sets of wheels that have the same tires mounted.

If on the other hand, you plan to sell the OE wheels and run only the VS-5RS, then I think the PS4S makes sense as a do-it-all option and we list various sizes that can work on the fitment guide as well: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

-Tom