Thread: 911 or M2?
View Single Post
      09-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #100
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

I went to the BMW ultimate driving experience this last weekend and got drive the m2 around and it is definitely fun! Its not as stable as the 991 but that's not a bad thing per se. I do find it a bit soft. Like Bruin mentioned, it rides very soft compared to any 911. Since I live in an area with pretty good roads, I prefer the stiffer suspension. It's seats a plush, arm rest is comfortable, and it has cup holders. I definitely think it is the best all around car on the market at this point, especially when a similarly spec'd m240i is the same price. From a styling perspective I don't like it as much because it looks bulky to me, I don't think that I could ever really love the styling. It doesn't look sorty too me since it is so tall. However, I will reiterate that the M2 is a terrifically fun car to drive. It's not as deliberate and precise as the 991 but that gives it character. Best performance doesn't always lend itself to the most fun. It's the only new BMW id consider buying at this point.

Oh, and the i8 was fantastically disappointing.
Appreciate 0