View Single Post
      08-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #96
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin1md View Post
I want to hear what you think after driving both.
Did your brother get a base 997.2 or the S?

I sold my 997.2 GTS with PDK last year and miss it on many a day. The 997.2 is IMHO the best modern day water cooled 911 Porsche has ever made. And it's also the last hydraulic steering 911 ever made, so I'm guessing you will find it to be a far more 'connected' experience relative to your M2.

Having said that. the 997.2 isn't for everyone. I really only enjoyed that car on well paved roads and the track, and since I live in an area with terrible roads, it didn't make for the best DD.
I've read the stories about the M2 driving a bit 'rough'. I lol when I read those and I had the chance to drive my friend's M2 in Atlanta on some less than perfect roads. It was night and day 'smoother' than the 997.2 for daily driving. Granted, much of that has to do with the differences in electrical steering of the M2, combined with the suspension differences in their respective 'normal' settings-- and of course sitting up higher on the M2 makes a difference as well.

To me, they are apples and oranges -- the two cars have such different set ups as noted above, which lends the 997.2 to being the last 'pure' 911, and more of a weekend car/part time DD (unless you have great roads), while the M2 is the ultimate DD that can be just enough of a hooligan when you need it to be.

Again, I'll be curious to read what you think.
The M2 has only one suspension setting. Its suspension is passive.
Appreciate 0