View Single Post
      02-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #74
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

I'm not sure what the fuss is about. If you aren't interested then buy a regular M2. At a minuscule 150 cars it's a moot point for most people anyway. If you want better suspension and handling which is the real center of this edition go for it. As far as additional power most agree this car is ideally balanced and doesn't need more power as the power it has is all usable.

With respect to weight I'm a little confused about the misconceptions. This has been detailed in another thread and I may not be quoting it accurately however the M2 is not a heavy bloated car stuffed with too many creature comforts. The M2 has a DIN weight of 1495 kg or 3289 lbs which is IDENTICAL to the 1M and less than an E46. The often quoted 1570 kg or 3454 lbs is EC weight that includes driver fuel etc. In my humble opinion 3289 lbs does not constitute a heavy bloated overly feature laden car whatsoever. On the contrary it's a respectable number for a 2+2 sport coupe that has all the comforts and DD abilities you could ask for and is simultaneously a fantastic performer. Name another car with that level of true versatility and dual nature.

I think a lot of people are really hungry for a true stripper track edition that is lighter than 3289 lbs. and costs somewhere in the ballpark of the current model. Will the CS or GTS meet that demand? I don't know but I doubt it because those will be significantly more expensive cars. So if BMW is listening please build a reasonably priced stripper/track model if for no other reason than to stop the whining.
Appreciate 0