View Single Post
      11-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
ParlorBoss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 - MG DCT

Maintenance before winter storage

The only time I have had my vehicle in for service was after the 1200 break-in period. I am planning on storing my vehicle for the winter around December 1, so I made an appt. for this week to have the car serviced again (I'm at 7,500 miles). I'm not due for any specific service but I thought it made sense to get the car looked at before I put it away for a few months. The service center just called me and basically told me that there is nothing to do since I am not due for any service. Am I OK going without any service before I store the car? (Storage will just be a non-heated garage and I may still drive on nice days this winter.)

The only minor issues I have had are the tire pressure on my rear passenger tire (which I unfortunately had to replace after like 2 weeks because I got a flat; I have just filled it back up when low and it has been fine for a few weeks at a time but it seems like could be a slow leak?) and an intermittent message that pops up about automatic high beams not functioning correctly (I have never noticed any actual issue).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0