View Single Post
      09-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #108
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusT View Post
You obviously have experience, do you have a background tracking heavy front engine cars also? There is a huge difference with the front end "bite" you can get, and adapt to use, with the heavy engine over the front wheels compared to both rear and midengined Porsches. Just double checking that you do adapt your driving style :-)

I had owned M cars for quite a long time before I bought my first 911.
I would say I had to adapt to 911 after driving M cars, being originally the front engine cars driver ))

Quote:
A lot of 180 degrees on the track, how slow are they at Vmin?

Those are not slow as they are pretty long distance corners.
I want to hope I will learn tomorrow how to make my Race Navigator operating tomorrow and then I will be able to tell

Quote:
2.0 when hot is a bit low for CUP2 since M2 is as heavy as it is. 2.2 is a good goal. Porsches can usually run lower, so there 2.0 sounds fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
Is 2.0 bar (~29psi) tire pressure the recommended hot pressure for Cups? Seems low for hot tires. I usually start (with RE71Rs) at 28-29psi and get to 34-36 hot in a session.
Well, I thought that if 2.4 is recommened by the manufacturer fir a partial load, then 2.0 is a good goal for the racetrack.

And besides that I also used 2.0 when I managed to be 2 seconds faster last week. So the current 2 seconds penalty now is definitely not because of low tire pressures.

Last edited by kart driver; 09-08-2020 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0