Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
UPDATE: My M2 has landed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3488 View Post
I had an e92 m3 before my m2. M2 has better breaks and stearing. I like the m3 sound a little better. I like the size better on my m2 and it gets way better gas mileage.
Great to hear about the gas mileage and the brakes, I had the most aggressive BPM servo-mod on my M's steering so I even couldn't imagine it feeling better than that. I cannot wait to drive this car...

And yes, I've already started to mod the car. The chrome plastic grills around the black M2 Kidneys had to go so those should be here early next week.

And as for performance... a little trick I've used on my turbo cars and one I used to push on customers is perfect for this time, as companies might not be releasing great exhausts for the M2 for a few months...

Ordered the VRSF 4" Test Pipe, and the wireless 4" exhaust open/close cutout valve and i'll have a buddy weld them together once I test fit everything in the car....No single mod adds power to a turbo car like running open exhaust a few inches away from the turbo....And even more than the power increase, running with the valve open combine with an efficient twin scroll turbo should pretty much eliminate turbo lag and also, exhaust tickets LOL.

My Evo used to go from Vacuum to 29-30PSI almost instantly w an HKS Downpipe (2.75") and a 3" QTP Cut-out welded into a 3" Test pipe post DP.

If I can place the valve between o2 bank 1 and 2 there's a slim chance I could avoid a CEL all together until a good tune is released and decided upon. If there is a CEL here and there I can always clear it with Torque or one of those OBDII Android Apps. I will also be welding in multiple bungs into the DP for EGT and a wideband 02 so obviously I will be installing a good AFR Gauge as well...

I have my nice 2400w 12" Brand new P3 Sub w Audio Control and Hifonics Bass restoration processors and high->low line driver ready to go...

Other than mentioned, finding out if F8X springs are compatible, If so, I'll go as low as possible without a noticeable change in camber...Some tints to finish the black-out look...Then I'll be shopping for some Black leather reclineable racing seats. and carbon fiber "M Spoiler" and some other little touches. Ug, Always getting ahead of myself...

I'll be posting plenty of pics and external GoPro w/ external Mics planted for the 45 min ride home. (Including data logging, to get a good look at the stock boost levels and gear ratios)...

Stay tuned.

Last edited by DKX4///M; 05-07-2016 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0