Rep
Drives: M3 CS (LRG)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juvry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmilani View Post
I'll try to give few tips on driving in Italy. Not sure if you know all the rules of circulation, so probably I'm stating a few obvious things.
Highways are not fun; you pay toll, they're pretty full of tutors (avg speed check), and lots of heavy truck traffic.
Use a highway only as the fastest way (short of jams due to accidents) to get from point A to B.
Overtake on the left on any road, it's prohibited to do it on the right.
Speed indicated in road signs is simply ridiculous and largely nonsense: while nobody respects those limits don't overtake every car you see, go with the flow and you shouldn't have trouble.
Italy has more than a few B roads, just make sure you have good visibility because sometimes local police has a bad habit of making fast cash with speed ticketing.
No right turn on any red light anywhere.
The M2 is considered a pretty exotic car, beware of where you park, and make sure you know the areas to avoid for cities you visit. The cities you mentioned above are generally quite safe, I'm not aware of any bad 'hood. I don't think driving in Florence is bad, opposed to Milan, Rome, Naples. Still I don't see why you would drive around in the city, just park it as you said, and walk around to enjoy the art, atmosphere and the food!

Have lot's of fun!
Great info, thanks pmilani

En route to Ljubljana from Florence I'm planning to stop in either Verona or Padova. Any opinion on which might be more enjoyable for a quick stop?
I'd suggest Verona if you can see only 1 of those two cities. If you have time you have to drive a bit in the area of the Garda lake. You will love it.
Appreciate 0