View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
laserbeam2
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT (June ED)

M2 ED in June - Tips for Italy, parking, etc.

Hey All. First post on this forum. I've been voraciously consuming threads on virtually every subject related to the F87 and European Delivery over the past few months and am amazed by the wealth of knowledge on this site along with the passion and enthusiasm. Anyway, as I start thinking of my own ED in June, I'm hoping to tap into that knowledge base to assist with my planning.

I've owned 3 BMWs including my current E90, but never an M car and have always purchased them used. This next purchase will feature three firsts - first new BMW, first M and first time doing ED. Suffice to say, I'm both stoked and anxious, but reading all of your posts is helping to dial-up the stoke and minimize the anxiousness.

I've read quite a few ED threads and notice that most visitors tend to stick to the Alps in and around Germany/Switzerland/Austria and not venture too far into the neighboring countries of France, Italy or Spain. One of the stipulations for convincing my wife to agree to this trip was that I take her to Florence...and this is where some of my anxiety sets in. I've been to Florence and am aware how unfriendly driving can be there and am currently thinking that my best option will be to find a private garage outside the city so as to completely avoid the ZTL.

So, anyone out there ever ventured down to Florence for an ED? Any driving, parking recommendations? Tips for driving in Italy in general?

Also, what are your thoughts on trakktape or some other temporary PPF while driving through Europe? I've read mixed things regarding whether rock chips and other blemishes will be fixed at port before being shipped stateside.

The full itinerary for our trip is shaping up to look like:

Munich
Fussen
Aqua Dome
Lake Como
Florence
Treviso
Ljubljana
Lake Bled
Salzburg
Back to Munich

Appreciate any tips for those stops!