12-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #82
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
As stated in this thread and I believe in some others, people are waiting for the other shoe to drop on used M2 values, and it appears that this is going to happen within the next 6 months, for at least 2 reasons; release of S55 engine in the car, and supply now meeting or exceeding demand.

Right now would be a bad time to buy a used M2, unless the price reflected that. You might be able to get a halfway decent deal on a new one, depending on the dealer involved. The smartest move financially appears to be to wait.
Yes, it sounds like it is, even though I feel that most won't be able to get their hands on one of those anyway, it will most likely still burst the bubble a bit on the high resale values.
BTW, did you see my previous post regarding the S55? I'm genuinely curious about the difference to the N55 and why it would be such a big deal.

FWIW, I just got a notification a used M2 I am watching. Seller dropped his asking price by $2k and is now at $49.9k. Granted this one has 9k miles. Still think it's too much money, but its further proof of the market conditions.
Appreciate 1