View Single Post
      05-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #39
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Do you know if AP kit you have is compatible with 18" wheels, esp OE 513m ??
I don’t know if it will fit that specific wheel, but it fits my 18x9.5 ET33 Apex EC-7s with no problem, even without a spacer. Apex wasn’t sure if it would work when I asked them, but it fits great.

I still think the main issue with the M2 braking is the caliper, not disc. Even with a slightly larger aftermarket disc, the caliper paint is still going to change colors and you’re likely to torch the dust boots like I did.

So, I went the BBK route and knowing early on the front M2C brakes were going to be too big for 18” wheels, I searched to find the largest disc that would work which is the AP Factory setup. The AP Essex kit is 372x34 with the same caliper, and I’m guessing it performs just as well. Both AP kits are way better than the M2C brakes, so good value if you can find them used.

The brake bias is slightly more to the front now, so maybe I’ll add the rear M2C brakes down the road. They’ll probably work with 18s and I’m guessing are a lot cheaper than a rear AP kit. Don’t really care for the M2C red caliper paint, tho.
Appreciate 0