Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMs335D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
While I think some people will wait for the CS or competition or whatever the hell the rumor mill calls it, I do think we are seeing the BRZ effect. Everyone who wants one has one and sales just sharply drop off after the initial rabid enthusiast uptake.

Personally I think people are in for some sticker shock when the pricing comes out for the competition. "this much for a 2 series" will likely be the phrase.
I think you hit the nail on the head, but I would add that the M2 has a bit more competition as well. Especially the RS3's interior might be enough to convince those that don't have the driving feel as the top priority.

It'll be interesting to see how close to the M4 the M2 "CS" will land in terms of pricing, if I were looking in that price category I would have a hard time justifying that sort of money for a car with a fraction of the options as the M4.
I agree. So many people seem to be fine waiting for a car that will outprice its abilities. Personally I won't be able to afford or justify it. With so many good offers right now on the n55 model I am surprised people aren't jumping on it.