View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #105
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Um, no. What I'm doing is explaining what I've seen in the real world over many years of selling tires, not reading a book. It'd nearly impossible for me to imagine that anyone would come to a different conclusion after having done the same (about as impossible as it would be for anyone to confuse tread wear with tread width).
What you're doing is taking anecdotal information from a sample size of one (yourself) and using it to explain away things that are untrue for an entire market... That is not how educated conclusions are made.

Quote:
There is a general envelope, yes, but it varies wildly per make, model, and size of tire.

When Hoosier released their new R7 (the successor to the A6), they caused thousands of rubbing issues because the new design ran significantly wider. In fact, the R7 225/45 fit nearly identical to the R6 245/40.
Just like winter tires, race tires like the R7 are not required to follow the standardization. Years of tire selling experience, you should know that. If you look at the R7 product description, it clearly states they only meet DOT requirements for performance.

Quote:
If you want to argue these points feel free to do so, but I won't be participating, as I've explained my experience, and nothing you say is not going to change my experience.
That's confirmation bias, so you wouldn't really be a productive part of the conversation due to that anyway.

Last edited by Anthony1s; 01-10-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
CSBM52733.00