04-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #19
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Let's just recap what we have lost over the last couple of years from what made BMW a great value proposition in addition to being great cars.

1) Maintenance plan length shortened to 3 years
2) Maintenance plan no longer covers wear items such as brakes and wipers
3) Euro Delivery discount dropped from 7% to 5%
4) Lease residuals continue to go down
5) Multiple Security Deposit (MSD's) program scrapped
6) Lease return nit picking (Technically this was never a perk, but I have always gotten away with minor damage and excess mileage as long as I got the next BMW.. This is no more. They are now super strict on this to try and push their lease end coverage plans)

What am I missing?
I mean I guess they are now shifting focus from volume to profitability per car, but still I feel that so much of what drew me to BMW is gone.

Let's not even start with the cars themselves with the advent of turbos, FWD, ever larger and softer cars etc, etc.

Truly the M2 is the last "real" BMW I'm afraid.
Flame suit on
My two cents coming from a long time owner.

#1 - Not a big deal. This doesn't hurt the typical leasee and it's one oil change for CPO owner.

#2 - Brakes typically last over 50k miles and wiper blades last almost just as long (Mine are at 3 years and doing fine).

#3 - Ya. This is a bummer.

#4 - That's a function of demand. Higher supply equates to a lower price. BMW has to protect their margins. Also the used market for base models doesn't really acknowledge the value between say a vehcile that has Luxury line , M-sport line, or No line. BMW looses money subsidizing these features.

#5 - Probably a hassle for them.

#6 - This is a function of #4. BMW must enforce their contracts in order to help insure the expected residual value of their used vehicles.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0