04-20-2021, 04:08 PM   #70
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I have a good friend of mine that's an expert in the tire industry and he tests every single tire as they come to the market and he's warned me not to get away from the stock sizes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I know that there is enough evidence from the drivers on this forum that the 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 tires are a good alternative to stock sizes and present no problems. I would chose the optional Michelin PS4Ss over the Cup 2s unless you plan to only use the M2 as a track toy.
I lead a team of engineers in the auto industry working on chassis dynamics tech. The OE setup is good, but that does not mean you can't increase mechanical grip with other setups.

As long as the camber spec stays similar, wider tires mean more grip. And as long as the ratio stays similar front to rear, balance won't be affected. But you have to keep the camber and toe angles in mind, as well as rim width.

With that said, changing front and rear width by 10mm will certainly not cause any adverse affects, and you will have a bit more grip on both axles.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 4
DanG10731.50
///M TOWN20118.50
Fabb228.50