View Single Post
      05-04-2020, 10:17 PM   #52
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I just coded mine and I prefer the f87CS steering option alot more because I feel like the F82 GTS mode was way too artificial with how much they heavy they tried to make it feel. The F87CS is alot lighter (would have prefered it 15-25% heavier) but I think the steering feel is vastly better, and there is no dead spot in the middle (not really too evident on the GTS mode) or center seeking feeling like the GTS mode has.

My ISTEP version is F020-19-07-539, which is also the newest one that my PSZDATA files support.
I'm under the impression the GTS steering is already lighter than pre LCI. It's difficult to imagine F87cs is a lot lighter.

In addition, did you ever use F80CS and F87comp steering for comparison in terms of "heaviness"?

I've always hated heavy steering, because today at the EPS age, mostly it just makes car feel sluggish at low speed and doesn't feed back much of the road. 911 steering is way lighter, no mention of the even more brilliant 981 steering. Alfa Romeo Guilia QV also has a very light steering and it is a couple leagues better steering than M.