04-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #629
element241
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Quite true, you don't need one. But, the question is, does it seem like the M faithful are accepting that they will not get a "bespoked" engine? Like if mcDonald's changed the Big Mac or fish sandwich for the worse, and said "you are going to like it!", but they counted on people ACCEPTING it, because some view that they have no other choice, and because they know people are easily tricked into accepting things.
BMW knows that there will be a few complaints, but like local drug dealer, they know that those and others will come back for more. Just to say or be associated with the M Division.
Would be nice to see M Division do their magic on a turbo 4, say 380 hp, just to best Mercedes.

Out of the three Germans, it seems that Mercedes tends to have the more "bespoked" engines...and they sound better as well.
I don't understand the McDonald's analogy. BMW isn't taking an existing product and making it worse. They're just using some of the same parts to make a new product (assuming the tuned N55 rumor is true).

As for me, I don't care about bespoke engines. The M2 can share an engine with any other car; I just want it to be properly balanced in all aspects and incredibly fun to drive around a track.
Appreciate 0