02-27-2017, 04:40 PM   #85
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmilani View Post
These days in my area I see lots of cars with very strong flashy colors so that it seems a trend, for any kind of car really.
Given that, the M2 generally kinda mixes with rest and does not stand out too much when in motion -- that is, not because of the color. It does get the car enthusiast's attention but I have a feeling it is not much about the color but more about the car and the ancestry of M-series.
Actually I've noticed the sound gets maybe more attention than the color. When you make the burbles noise I see heads turn around and follow like sunflowers.
Considering also that people mainly drive cars with more subdued noise vs. USA, it looks like the car enthusiast always has an ear ready to detect the occasional sporty car passing by
Also I've had the opposite experience on the road than a couple of fellow forumers: I can drive even slower than anyone would drive normally and 99% people seem to stay behind without complaints and don't try risky overtakes. Only 1 time there was this douche coming in quick behind me, the "get out, I cannot wait 1 millisecond" kind of guy: he initiate an overtake in a prohibited area AND 100mt before an intersection -- I could not resist and accelerated leaving him to eat some dust. 10 seconds later on a straight, safe area I slowed down for him to pass... guess what now he wouldn't even overtake when I drove slower than the speed limit. I hate when people drive with their brain up in their a$$
Lol i had a pedestrian yell out "Slow down!" when I was doing the speed limit because I took first to a high rpm