Japper69
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 X-Drive - Skyscraper Gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie123 View Post
Hi guys,

I am in the UK and I currently have an M235i and have done for about 8 months since new.

I am seriously considering putting a deposit down on an M2 after seeing one, I haven't been able to drive it however. My only concern is that after having my car for 8 months already and then waiting another year+ for the M2 (during which time i will be driving the 235 still) I dont want the M2 to feel too familiar and eventually get boring after a year or so of owning it (if its possible to even call such a car boring ).

I know the interior is very similar to my current car other than a few extra details such as M shift paddles and bits of carbon and alcantara around the car.

So really where the decision comes down to is how different it is to drive vs the M235i and the differences in sound etc (I have the M Performance exhaust onstalled on the 235 and it sounds brilliant)

Or am I better off waiting a bit longer until I can afford an M3/M4?

Essentially looking for someone who has driven an M2 and an M235i
As someone with a M2 on order in the UK with delivery in Jan 2017. Presently living in US and been driving / owning a M235i for last 2 years. I have a test drive of local HEA M2 DCT later this week so let me know any spefics you want detailed feedback on and i'll try and give you an unbiased opinion. Roads here in Louisiana are badly rutted, so a good comparison to our very own brittish black top🙄
Appreciate 0