Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by azibux1 View Post
Hi all,

I joined the club (moved from an Audi S3 Saloon) on Saturday and am loving it so far!

So much fun to drive already, even in the run-in period - can't wait for 1200 miles to arrive on the clock!

The sound is also really addictive!

Few questions I've got so far, if anyone knows the answers - also some obligatory pics!

1 - Got folding mirrors with anti-dazzle, but only the driver's side one appears to be anti-dazzle. Is this normal? Or is the passenger side one faulty?

2 - With the folding mirrors comes mirror dip on reverse. This doesn't seem to dip unless I set the mirror selector switch to the DRIVER'S side mirror... Is this correct? Also when doing this, and re-starting the car, it didn't seem to go 100% back to where it was before the dip, it was still a bit low (but it had moved a bit up). It also dips really far, so I usually leave the switch on passenger side and only move it over to dip when necessary. With the Audi I could set the dipped position, this isn't possible with BMW?

3 - This one I am finding really strange... There is no way to put the car in park with the engine running? So if I have been driving hard and want to come to a stop and get out of the car (but leave it running), I have to stick the handbrake on really hard (which could lead to warped discs) as I can't put it in park with the car running? I have to push the off button twice to put it in park, taking my foot off the brake after the first push, otherwise the car will just restart lol. Am I missing something here?

4 - I can't see it mentioned here much. A common mod on the S3 was to unplug the exhaust valves so they're open all the time, in all modes, at all revs... Is there a similar mod on the M2?

5 - Anyone have a part number for those seat belt holders I saw here somewhere? The seatbelt is SO far away lol.

6 - Anywhere in the UK do a sensibly priced, good quality gloss black M2 badge for the bootlid?

I think that's all my questions for now but I'm sure I'll update when I have more no doubt after a few more days with the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

I joined the club (moved from an Audi S3 Saloon) on Saturday and am loving it so far!

So much fun to drive already, even in the run-in period - can't wait for 1200 miles to arrive on the clock!

Few questions I've got so far, if anyone knows the answers - also some obligatory pics!

1 - Got folding mirrors with anti-dazzle, but only the driver's side one appears to be anti-dazzle. Is this normal? Or is the passenger side one faulty?

2 - With the folding mirrors comes mirror dip on reverse. This doesn't seem to dip unless I set the mirror selector switch to the DRIVER'S side mirror... Is this correct? Also when doing this, and re-starting the car, it didn't seem to go 100% back to where it was before the dip, it was still a bit low (but it had moved a bit up). It also dips really far, so I usually leave the switch on passenger side and only move it over to dip when necessary. With the Audi I could set the dipped position, this isn't possible with BMW?

3 - This one I am finding really strange... There is no way to put the car in park with the engine running? So if I have been driving hard and want to come to a stop and get out of the car (but leave it running), I have to stick the handbrake on really hard (which could lead to warped discs) as I can't put it in park with the car running? I have to push the off button twice to put it in park, taking my foot off the brake after the first push, otherwise the car will just restart lol. Am I missing something here?

1 - I dunno in America we don't get that feature because..... reasons...

2 - Yea it has to be set to driver side to work. As far as it staying slightly dipped, I never had that problem. Have your dealer look at it? Are you sure? Is there a way to set the angle when reverse? Yes but you have to "code" the car, either with a phone app (carley or bimmercode), a computer, or pay someone to do it for you. You can't set the angle from the iDrive.

3 - Yeah it sucks if you want it in park you have to shut the car off, if you turn it back on it will still be in park and you can sit there with it on and rev the engine or whatever, but once it comes out of park it won't go back in unless you shut it off. I just put it in neutral pull the parking brake but obviously that's not idea... don't want the car rolling away or warped discs. It's stupid but I guess it's better to have dumb stuff not related to driving.
Quote:
Hi all,

4 - I can't see it mentioned here much. A common mod on the S3 was to unplug the exhaust valves so they're open all the time, in all modes, at all revs... Is there a similar mod on the M2?

5 - Anyone have a part number for those seat belt holders I saw here somewhere? The seatbelt is SO far away lol.

6 - Anywhere in the UK do a sensibly priced, good quality gloss black M2 badge for the bootlid?

I think that's all my questions for now but I'm sure I'll update when I have more no doubt after a few more days with the car

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
1, yes only the driver side, you can see the out line on the glass
4, I don't think the standard exhaust has valves, I could be wrong. You can see the valves in the MPE
6, ebay I think £24.99

Looking good