View Single Post
      11-06-2016, 06:43 AM   #34
823BMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2020 Tesla Y, 2020 Z4

The C7 is the first Corvette that I considered buying based on looks and performance. Unfortunately, there is not enough headroom which made it a nonstarter (I have more headroom in a Z4). I drove a base 2016 Cayman 6 speed which had enough room, but I missed the low end torque (engine sounded great though!) and wished it was a S. I didn't drive the 718 because they did not have one in a manual. When you price out a base Cayman comparably equipped to a M2 it is still at least 10k more than a M2 (and the Cayman S is even higher). Basically, after my test drive in the Cayman, I told the Porsche dealer for the money and utility, I'd be better off buying a M2. Also, having a family and trying to be responsible on the safety side, the 2 series has great crash test scores (TSP+ with IIHS) and there is no independent testing of either the Corvette or Porsche Boxster/Cayman that I have found (IIHS, NHTSA, EuroNCAP, or ANCAP). Thus, after driving a 228i m sport manual and seeing a M2 in person, my manual transmission M2 is on order!
Appreciate 0