07-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #79
MiStR StEvO
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyang92 View Post
It's been roughly 1 year since I've started using the Z23's (got them for $80-90 on amazon), and they've been awesome on the street. No noise/clunk, decent stopping power and very little dust. I do swap out to RS29's for track though. The Z23's have plenty of life left.

One thing I did notice is that it made the brake pedal feel a bit spongey - I do my brake fluids myself so I thought I screwed up and got air in my lines, but when I put my track pads on the pedal is solid. Perhaps that's just the difference in the compound. Overall, I'm not too worried because I'm still able to engage ABS just fine with the street pads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiStR StEvO View Post
I want to get a set of Z23's but I definitely don't want the clunk. Is there not a way to ensure this doesn't happen? From my understanding it's coming from the pads clicking against the pins/calipers?
Clunk? What clunk? I dont hear no steenkin' clunk. Seriously, only noise is light squeel sometimes on first backup stop of the day out of the garage if its been cold or wet.. Nothing after that. I find they are great on the first stop or the last; not spongy at all (in reference to the post just before this one)
I just ended up ordering a set of the Z26's from RockAuto. My fingers crossed I don't get the clunk. I definitely am looking forward to less dust though
2018 LBB M2 DCT
Appreciate 0