Thread: Track Newbie
View Single Post
      02-04-2022, 07:43 AM   #1
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Track Newbie

I want to do some HPDEs with my m2 competition this summer, probably around 3 or 4. I have no track experience (did BMW track days but I almost don't count that even though was super fun).

I have read a bit about somethings to do to prepare but would love to hear from more people about what a proper beginner should do, I would like to put my money on the track days instead of on things the car may not need yet since I am a beginner.

Things I will be doing I am pretty sure
- Oil Change
- SS brake lines (Probably goodrich, is spiegler worth the extra $60?)
- Better brake fluid (Castrol SSR?)
- Will be using my M788s for the track, the PSS have about 16k on them so will probably be putting new tires on it, was just going to do PS4S, should I consider something else? These will be used only for the track days)
- Will do some track wrap in the front of the car since not PPFed, bought car used, already had a good amount of chips so decided against PPF but still would love to keep the car in decent shape
- Was going to just use the stock pads for now since putting new pads on the car every time I am going to track will be kind of a pain in the ass on the 2NH. Was going to then probably switch to the Ferrodo 2500 which probably should be good for a beginner for a little bit and could still use on the street and track.
- My skid plate has lost one of the arm things so have a turner metal one on the way that I will be installing.

- Eventually I do want to do coil overs and may do them this summer but its not a priority for now, would love to drive the car completely stock and then start doing stuff like coilovers, camber plates ect to really see how it changes the car.

Anything else I should consider doing?

Tracks that I will be going to should be Lime Rock and New York Safety Track
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4735.50