View Single Post
      04-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2_AL View Post
So I picked up my m2 today after getting it's break in service. Right away I noticed getting into 1st gear was a lot harder (notchier) than it was before I dropped it off. I continued the day and noticed it was also a bit notchy getting into 2nd and 3rd as well. 2nd and 3rd gear aren't terrible but I can really notice a difference with 1st. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if this is normal? One of the main reasons I fell in love with the M2 was its buttery shifts. Hoping that will come back but who knows.
I just got my break in service done today, and as far a I can tell my car is fine, but the technician left a loose wrench in my car that I noticed bouncing around my car when I was doing some WOT runs on the way home. Maybe they left something in your transmission like a nice Snap-On wrench.

I would in all seriousness bring it back in. Not sure what in the break-in service could cause what your experiencing, but maybe it will expose something serious they forgot to do, like not refilling the differential with oil.
Appreciate 0