09-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #115
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Unless we are being fed a ginormous load of rubbish, or at least misinformation, the right number is not 97. I was the guy who said I'd been told my local dealer told me 6, and he did. He has now apparently revised that number down to 5. Unless BMW of Seattle is the Golden Child of NA dealers, that simply does not extrapolate to anything like 97 nationwide. It's only one small data point, but my instinct is if the same dealer who got 5 allocations this previous roll out now gets 5 again, the fall roll out nationwide may be in the same order of magnitude as the summer roll out was. Still not a ramp-up, by any means, but not a ramp-down either.

I'm interested that dealers are telling people that November builds will get them a car in December. That seems pretty quick to me, given the experiences shared already on this board. I have an October build, and would consider myself fairly lucky to get the car stateside in December...
My car was done the 1st week of August and I'm picking up 9/19 from the Performance center. Had I picked it up from the dealer I'd already be driving it right now so its definitely doable. Being on the west coast hurts that time frame a bit though.
Appreciate 0