Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
HYFR!! (Hell yeah fuckin right!!! )

BMW will keep me as a customer if they keep making manuals. If they make the M2 DCT only... I wouldnt be interested at all and will keep my "FAKE" M Car.

Just like the S3 only available in Auto DCT. THeres alrady a huge uproar as to why its not avalable with M/T as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
With a comment like this, it is clear you don't understand. Those of us who want a manual don't care about the performance benefit of the DCT. We prefer the feel, involvement, and control a manual transmission offers. It is part of what makes driving fun. The fact that a traditional manual is less complicated and less costly to repair is an added bonus.

And as others have said, 1Ms did not sit on the lot.
Absolutely they didnt and neither will this M2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The point here is this. Those of you who like and want a MT seem hell bent on telling the world that it should be the only gearbox option that BMW should put in this car.

I respect your desire for such a gearbox, and hope it is available and you enjoy the hell out of it. But don't begrudge the other 75% of voters who want the M-DCT.

As I said, both gearbox options should be available, but you alienate the majority by saying MT should be the only transmission based on weight saving decisions, or that you find it more involving. Let me guess, those of you who want the MT due to weight consideration, will probably option the car with AC?

I am pro choice in this matter, we should all be able to end up with the M2 that we each want.

I cant really disagree with what youre saying in this post. But, Dont misunderstand. Im in no way putting down the M-DCT or any other PDK or double clutch trans. Theyre an engineering marvel.
Look at my car description, I currently run the 8spd ZF (wich is in no way the same as a DCT) trans, and yes its got its advantages. Its also got its disadvantages. But lets not get into this pissing match any longer of M/T vs. Auto its sort of pointless. Agree to offer both. ANd Im not saying there wont be a day that I opt for the DCT.

However as long as the cartilage is still in tact in my knew and I can bend it Ill desire the Manual. Ive never purchased a M/T and wished I had an auto. But owning several auto's Ive always longed for a manual. THats all, thats where Im at with this. Not really that big of an issue with the WHOLE weight savings thing either, it is cheaper, and its plain and simple more FUN and thats what people are after. FUN.

Most certainly not trying to alienate the DCT guys. Like I said there will be a time where I may prefer the DCT.
One thing to consider is turning the tables and viewing it from the other side. The M/T is whats being alienated and forced into future extinction. Yes I get it, economic, autos get better MPG. Manufacturers will most certainly love the fact that they dont have to pour millions of dollars into development of two transmissions but rather one. In the end its going to happen.

For now the argument stays. What else are you going to do on here? Argue that your silver color is better then my Blue? BOOOOORING. Its all in good fun. I like discussions and certanly dont mean to be aggressive and rude.

Oh and the a/c comment...come on lets not even go there since were not buying Lotus's or Porsche GT3's. BMW from my knowledge doesnt even have a production vehicle in its lineup with a a/c delte option. ANd NO one, NO ONE would opt for that. Lets be realistic. Quite frankly from what I see GT3 owners about 99% of those cars have a/c.

Hell if F1 or NASCAR guys could have it you bet your bottom dollar they have it and never tell you lol. Jeff Gordon, or Ayrton Senna would have an ICE box in that hard ass carbon fiber seat blowing cold 60* air cooling off his nuts while hes doing 220mph. So I think that argument is irrelevant.
I dont want that, I want a/c, I want auto windows. THis isnt 1973 . I sure as hell dont wanna sweat my ass off in a BMW while going to a cruise night, or have to reach over to roll my passanger window down. Eff that noise

To sum it up, I agree. Lets be pro choice in the matter. Definetely offer both. It would be a mistake not to. So we can all have our cake and eat it too..

EDIT: To show you Im not against a DCT, in a certain scenario next summer if I end up with a cayman s, I will have to go with a PDK. For selfless reasons being my wife. SHe has had BMW's and could care less if I got an M car with a stick. SHe has her own and it makes no difference its an M or a 320i. She told me if I get the Porsche she wants to be able to drive it. Fair enough right. I understand...

So there may be a lot of circumstances wher poeple must opt for the DCT anything else would be too impractical for life.

Last edited by Jadar; 07-25-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0